What is Personal Information?
What type of Personal Information does JTS Realty collect and hold about you?
JTS Realty may collect any of the following information about you if you are a current or prospective vendor, purchaser or landlord of real estate or if you visit our website or make an enquiry with us via another method:
- contact details (including, name, address, telephone number and email address);
- driver’s license number;
- current property ownership and title details;
- desired property ownership details; and
- details of properties sold or acquired by you
Sometimes JTS Realty may also need to ask you for other forms of Personal Information to enable us to provide services to you.
How does JTS Realty collect Personal Information about me?
JTS Realty collects your Personal Information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting Personal Information from you, JTS Realty may collect in various ways, including emails, letters, facebook messages and telephone calls.
JTS Realty may collect information about you from the following third party sources:
- databases in the public domain such as telephone indexes, Australia Post database, Titles Office or other property databases; and
- referrals and recommendations from existing clients of JTS Realty.
What happens if we can’t collect your Personal Information?
If you do not provide JTS Realty with the Personal Information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide our services to you, either to the same standard or at all; or
- we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want, including information about new properties that are available for lease or purchase;
Why does JTS Realty collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information?
JTS Realty collects information for a range of purposes including:
- enable our agency to provide you with the services and/or products you may require;
- to comply with local, state and federal legislation or regulations, and those specifically related to real estate property sales and administration;
- to enable our agency to assist you with related services, as required;
- for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
- to update our agency’s records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly, whether by email, telephone or mail;
- to conduct relevant business processing functions; and
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you.
How does JTS Realty use the Personal Information held about you?
Any Personal Information about you that our agency collects and records will only be used or disclosed by our agency for the purpose of:
- compliance with obligations under real-estate regulations and laws applicable for all states in Australia;
- for our agency’s administrative, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes; and
- complying with any other relevant laws or regulations.
JTS Realty may also use or disclose the information it collects for any other purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
Our agency may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These may include:
- offering to provide you with products or services provided by our agency and third party providers; or
- sending you news and other information about our agency’s activities and general promotional material which we believes may be of interest to you.
These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You may at any time request not to receive direct marketing from JTS Realty by contacting our agency and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
The JTS Realty website
When you access our website, we may send a “cookie” (which is a small summary file containing a unique ID number) to your computer. This enables us to recognise your computer and greet you each time you visit our website. Our cookies do not collect Personal Information, although they do identify your browser. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them.
As our website is linked to the Internet, and the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, any Personal Information or other information, which you transmit to us online, is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
What happens if I want to access or correct the Personal Information held about me?
You may request access to your Personal Information held by our agency, at any time by contacting us. We will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing your Personal Information (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will respond to your request for access within 7 days and endeavour to provide the requested information within 21 days.
There may be instances where JTS Realty cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may not be able to provide access to information in the following situations:
- where in our opinion providing the information your request, may create a serious threat to the life or health of any individual or may be an unreasonable intrusion into the privacy of another individual;
- where your request for access is, in our agency’s opinion, frivolous or vexatious; or
- where providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of law, or denying access is specifically authorised by law.
If for any reason our agency does not allow you to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons in writing for our decision.
If you believe that Personal Information that our agency holds about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request that we amend it. JTS Realty will consider if the information requires amendment. If our agency does not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the Personal Information stating that you disagree with it.
To whom does JTS Realty disclose my Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- to employees of our agency and our contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you;
- to suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- to any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
There are some instances when our agency may need to provide your Personal Information to third parties. JTS Realty may be bound by law to provide your details to government-related bodies, including the Titles Office or the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority.
JTS Realty does not sell your personal details to other organisations. We may however use the information about you to assist us with internal marketing and research.
We may disclose your Personal Information to entities located outside of Australia, including our data hosting and other IT service providers, who may pass information to secondary data hosting providers located outside of Australia.
How does JTS Realty keep my Personal Information secure?
JTS Realty will take reasonable steps to ensure information collected, used or disclosed is stored in a secure environment that is accessed only by persons authorised by our agency so as to prevent interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If the Personal Information is no longer needed for any purpose, our agency will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information.
JTS Realty endeavours to provide a secure environment and a reliable system but you should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the electronic storage and transmission of information (particularly via the Internet) which cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Who do I contact for further information?
Jay Shepherdson or Tiffany McTaggart can assist you with any enquiries you have about the information that we hold about you.
What if I have a complaint or concern?
If you have a complaint or concern you can email, email@example.com or phone our agency. We will do our best to try and resolve your complaint within 30 days.
What if you are unable to resolve my complaint or concern?
If we are unable to resolve your complaint within this time, or you are unhappy with the outcome, you may refer your complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner. The Australian Information Commissioner can be contacted at the below details:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 1042
Phone: 1300 363 992
This privacy property was last updated on 1st July 2022.